Brief Introduction of the Department
The Department of Education is one of the oldest departments of the University which is successfully disseminating knowledge to around 250 students. It consists of enthusiastic, hardworking, and responsible faculty members who contribute to the development of the Department. The Department runs simultaneously 3 Courses, namely, M.A, M. Phil., and Ph.D. Students of the Department receive ample facilities through its curriculum to develop a strong foundation for research work. The research scholars are well established in different private and government-aided colleges over the state of West Bengal. International Seminars, Webinars and Special Lectures are organized in the Department throughout the academic year whereby the students and the faculties get an opportunity to interact with eminent personalities. The Department also organizes ‘Alumni Meet’. Students are prepared to face the social milieu through frequent exposures to different sections of the society. The Department aims at all round development of its women students thereby empowering them to face the multifarious challenges of the world.
Year of Establishment: 2014
Major thrust area of research:
- Mathematics Education
- Women Education
- Comparative Education
- Special Education
- Educational Technology
- Educational Psychology
- Educational Management
Departmental milestones at a glance (last five years*):
- No. of NET/SLET qualified students in last five years - 03
- No. of Ph.D. produced in last five years - Nil
- No. of registered / enrolled Ph.D. scholars (present) - REGISTERED – 10, ENROLLED (2020) – 05
- No. of research publication in peer reviewed journals in last five years - Dr. A. Paul – 23, Dr.U.K.De – 16, Dr.I.Ghosh – 08, Dr.A.K.Debnath – 09, Dr. A. Singh - 03
- Average impact factor of the research publication
Dr. A. Paul – 5.5,
Dr.U.K.De – 6.452,
Dr.I.Ghosh – 3,
Dr.A.K.Debnath – 4
- No. of books published in last five years - Dr.A.K.Debnath - 01
- No. of seminar/conference organized by the department - International Seminar – 01, International Webinar - 01
No. of foreign visit by faculty members and scholars during last five years -
Dr. U. K. De – 02 (Dhaka, Bangkok)
Dr. I. Ghosh – 02(Dhaka, Bangkok)
Dr. A.K. Debnath – 03 (Dhaka)
- No of special lecture organized by the department - 14
No. of Seminar / conference / workshop attended by the faculty members during last five years -
Dr. A. Paul – Seminar/Conference – 8, Workshop - 08,
Dr.U.K.De – Seminar/Conference – 41, Workshop - 06,
Dr.I.Ghosh – Seminar/Conference – 33, Workshop - 03,
Dr.A.K.Debnath – Seminar/Conference - 19,
Dr. A. Singh –Seminar/Conference - 13
Major Strengths of the department:
- The Department of Education is one of the oldest Departments of the University
- The Department consists of hardworking, efficient and enthusiastic faculty members who wore tirelessly for the development of the Department and the University.
- The Department is the third Department among the Arts section to run three simultaneous courses, namely – M.A., M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- The Department has a well equipped and functioning Computer Laboratory, Psychological Laboratory, Seminar Library.
- The Department publishes an annual Wall Magazine, titled ‘Educere’, incorporating some original and creative ideas of the students of the Department.
- The Department runs an active Alumni Association.
- The Research Scholars of the Department are well established in different Private and Government Aided colleges over the state of West Bengal.
- The Department offers special coaching for NET/SET examinations for the past and present students of the Department.
Major Challenges of the department:
- To improve the communicative skills of the students in English and also to help them overcome their language phobia.
- To help the students to qualify NET/SET and similar other competitive examinations.
Future plan of the department:
- To bring Minor and Major Research Projects in the Department.
- To pursue research work abroad.
- To introduce new courses in the Department.
Programme M.A in Education
Programme M. Phil.in Education
Programme Ph. D. in Education